[StBernard] THANK YOU

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed May 24 10:53:50 EDT 2006

Why so judgmental? Are you implying that everyone who has done nothing with
their property is somehow not a true St. Bernardian and thus NOT
RESPONSIBLE?

If you TRULY know how difficult it is, how can you expect to inspire people
by DEMANDING that everyone else CLEAN UP right NOW so that YOU can live in a
DISASTER ZONE free and clear of any destruction, weeds, rats, snakes and bad
odors? Not to mention, modern conveniences, utilities, stores, services
(both public and private), schools, poor drainage and suspect levees.

Take a long, long, look around, DRINK IN THE NEW SURROUNDINGS in which YOU
have CHOSEN TO LIVE; everything that was destroyed did not get there
overnight and it WILL NOT be rebuilt overnight. It will take some time
(SEVERAL YEARS, PERHAPS), AND A TREMENDOUS AMOUNT OF PATIENCE!!!!

You will never INSPIRE people to do what you want them to do by clubbing
them over the head. For they, just like you, are every bit as FRUSTRATED!!!
Like you, they did not want to leave in the first place.
They all long for home and have their reasons for being or NOT being back in
St. Bernard. You cannot arbitrarily say that an individual's reason for
doing nothing with their former home is not valid or is just an EXCUSE.....I
know that is what you are thinking!!

So in this case, the continued verbal beatings will not improve morale!!!

I'm afraid that you have now discovered first hand how our parish officials
must have been feeling for a long time now.

Not easy, is it????

A TRUE ST. BERNARDIAN
Jim

a BIG THANK YOU to all those St Bernardians and ex St Bernardians and exiled
St Bernardians and St Bernardians by heart at a distance, who are
responsible enough to keep their property clean and safe (as possible), who
make decent attempts to do so in spite of the difficulties.
We too had to travel a considerate distance to start cleaning, with no place
to shower or sleep nearby, traveling for hours dirty just to turn around the
next day and do it again, until we finally managed to move closer, at a
considerable rent expense.
So I know how difficult it can be, but many of you show it can be done, and
I know I and many others do appreciate your efforts. Thank you.

Gaby