[StBernard] can you forward this to the council

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri May 26 18:45:29 EDT 2006

John, I also am in agreement that HELP is needed beyond the first week/month
after a disaster of this magnitude. Epidemics have been started from
conditions on a lesser scale. Who is more important than the American people
in America?

However, I cannot fault our displaced populace who were forced away from
their beloved homes through no fault of their own. If they are to survive or
have any hope of recovery worth mentioning, it will take an effort equally
in their favor to help them. One thing we must avoid however, is "brutality"
or disregard for their ever-loving property rights or non-ability to comply
as though they are taking an "in yo' face" attitude.

We need to come up with a better idea than what is being proposed that has
an attitude: "If ya left the neighborhoods, you're no longer inclusive of
our family, community or plans". Barbaric, because many of those who did get
trailers have to live wherever they could camp them. Those who are out of
state beyond the LA/MISS/ALABAMA area, are stuggling as well financially and
$60 to $100 extra a month at this disasterous moment in their live history
is like $1 million to those who are so fortunate to be well-off during this
misery.

If we quietly listen, we can hear their moans/groans and desperation to make
it through the next day.

Meanwhile, someone has to draw up a plan much better than was thrown
together in forcible tendency toward a very negative outcome. We discussing
the 80% who are in pain. Some will not make it beyond 2006 if things do not
improve for the better for them.

For the time being, God comfort the ill and ill-being without persecution
and malace.

--jer--

I could not agree more with the recommendation to utilize the National Guard
(and in my opinion, Navy Sea-bees) to demolish homes and assist in the
clean-up effort. No, I do not believe that those that have the means to
clean-up their property should be the beneficiaries of these efforts, but
certainly the elderly and those homes presenting a safety hazard should
definitely have first priority.

I have no doubt that the combined efforts would expedite the recovery
process and help eliminate the potential problem of rodents, flat tires,
etc. that are a biproduct of the lack of attention to these blighted
properties.