[StBernard] Torres Fee

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri May 26 18:46:43 EDT 2006

This is correct, but what we are saying is that we should not have had to
pay 7% to Mr. Torres. Murphy was about to settle with us, had already
extended it's map voluntarily, had already tested our property and it was
positive, was accepting responsibility early on, before Mr. Torres had his
class action suit certified. We did not need or want him. We should not
have had to pay him. We were one day away from settling with murphy and
then all of a sudden there is a 7% fee that was not there a day before. We
understand that if you were in the very original map that the 7% does not
apply. You don't seem to understand that Murphy extended it's own map, very
early on, voluntarily as their testing progressed. Not because of Mr.
Torres. Because he had filed the class action he asked the judge to give
him a cut of everything not settled before the class action was certified,
and that was us. He wanted a cut of everything but the judge said only the
people not in the very first map. Get it? By the way, our property was not
in the judge's extended map, we were in murphy's second map.

Laurie

>Murphy/Torres 7% fee -

>Once again, if you were in the original Murphy Oil spill map area, not

>Murphy's extended oil spill map area the 7% fee is not withheld from

>your settlement proceeds. I just completed negotiations with them. I'm

>in the original area and the fee was not deducted from my settlement

payment.