[StBernard] MINUTES OF OPERATIONS BRIEFING - May 22

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri May 26 19:46:31 EDT 2006

MINUTES OF OPERATIONS BRIEFING
Monday, May 22, 2006, 8:00 a.m.

Dave Peratla, Chief Administrative Officer presiding.
Present: 30

Emergency Operations: Larry Ingargiola. Status Quo.

Community Development: Michael Hunnicutt. Not present.

Public Works and Water and Sewer: Chris Merkl. Status Quo.
Curry reported;
Demolish is continuing this week. We are at a slow pace and are expecting a
large number of houses to be released this week. There was an emergency
council meeting Friday regarding the homes in the right of ways. Craig said
they do have to advertise and that will go out Friday May 26, 2006 and those
residents will have 10 days from that date.
Then demolition can start on these homes.
Recovery: Dave Dysart.
1. We will be moving into the base camp everything else is status quo.

Public Assistance:
Residential: Craig Taffaro.
1. Trailer Rally on Saturday was a success usually they have about 100
people go in but we had over 600. I would like to thank everyone that was
involved. Ricky Melerine, said he thinks it was a good idea for this rally.
We were able to talk to the residents and most felt good after leaving the
tent with information. He agreed with Craig that we might have to do this
again each month for our residents.
Steve Pitts: We leased 55 people into a group site, 42 meters were released,
12 were placed on private sites and 43 sites were inspected that was 90 days
old that was turned over to Fema over all, we had a good day.
Business: Charles Ponstein.
1. We have some new businesses open now in the parish:
1. New fuel outlet "Alex Chervon" 7415 W. Judge Perez in Arabi, open
Monday-Sunday and 2625 Paris Road and "Papa's Subs and Pizza" on 2625 Paris
Road.

Volunteers: Gidget McDougall.
1. Still working on getting that grant money.

Private Non-Profit: Judy Hoffmeister Status Quo.

Agriculture/Wildlife and Fisheries: Ricky Melerine. Status Quo.

Lake Borgne Basin Levee District: Bob Turner. Not present.

Medical: Dr. Bertucci.
We will start to move equipment into the 22K today.
EMS: Janie Fuller. Not present.

Public Safety: Sheriff=s Office. Pete Tafaro
1. Business as usually.

Fire Department: Armand Buuck. Status Quo.

CDC and DEQ: Wayne Desselle. Not present.

EPA: Not present.

Murphy Oil:
1. 299,000 cubic yards of debris have been cleared.

Parish Government:
Council: Lynn Dean. Not present.
Parks and Recreation: John Metzler, Jr.
1. We already have over 200 children signed up for baseball.
Finance: Geremie Loupe. Not present.
Personnel: Kevin Clark. Not present.
Insurance: Mike Wiltz. Not present.
Long Term Recovery: Marvin LeBlanc. Not present.

General Information:
We will be changing our meeting days from 3 times a week to 2 days a week,
Monday and Thursday's same time and same location each week.
Next meeting scheduled for Thursday May 25, 2006, 8:00 a.m., in CAO=s
conference room on the second floor of the Government Complex.