[StBernard] On a lighter note....some good flicks to entertain

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat May 27 20:18:13 EDT 2006

If anyone is interested in watching some good flicks, let me recommend the
following movies I recently rented and thought were excellent.

Good Night and Good Luck - terrific and educational
King Kong (2005) - outstanding, and Jack Black is surprisingly good, great
special effects
Crash - it deserved to win the Oscar for best picture, kept me glued to the
screen from start to end.
and
Copote - maybe one of the best acting performances of all time by Philip
Seymour Hoffman. Catherin Keener also is terrific as Harper Lee (To Kill A
Mockingbird) who most people probably know little about other that her
authoring the famous novel. Let me add this about Capote - I've never read
or seen the movie "In Cold Blood," but I promptly intend to do. This movie
(Capote) prompted me to google everything I could find on the murde of the
Clutter family in 1959. I can see why Truman Capote was fascinated by it.

John Scurich