[StBernard] structual engineer

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat May 27 20:50:07 EDT 2006

Can anyone clarify whether to move quickly to get the home classified
30-60% damage or would there be an advantage to keeping it as is at 30-60%
damage. Not sure whether it's a benefit to anyone to keep it as one or the
other? What's the significance of this determination?

Jer

Laurie,
I found this info on nola.com St. Bernard forum and saved it into a Word
file.

You need only the opinion of a La. licensed structural engineer that the
stucture is sound after enduring Katrina. That 60 to 100% damage thing was
just a preliminary recommendation. File it at the Gov. Complex within 30
days and be grandfathered in to any future changes. Nothing is etched in
stone right now. Call Tom Reid @ 504-236-4139. He has done houses for my
family for $150 and in just a day or two. We are pleased with his service.

Hope that helps,
Jim York