[StBernard] can you forward this to the council

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon May 29 08:58:52 EDT 2006

Sorry, john. I was giving an addendum to your note, and not critizizing
your note. I apologize for you taking it as directed to you.

However, I do believe that those of us who fall short and are away from
properties while awaiting gutting and the Road Home buyouts are between a
rock and a hard place.

It's much easier to say proudly, I take care of my home (because I live
here, on on the property in a trailer (which some cannot receive because
they're living away from LA.) or I have the money to take care of the
property because I'm working, ..am in great health, or are financially
fit/trim. To those who are not, it's worse than a slap on the back of the
head to get going.

..it's taking away your property because you either cannot afford to, are
awaiting assistance, cannot make the trek to do so, or are on disability, of
old age, have a fixed income, are hurting emotionally and financially, etc..

The ones making the laws to push prematurely are doing fine, I am sure, and
it's a blessing to know so, OR are being pushed to do so by those who wish
it thusly.

Not everyone can, so that's a good reason for me to stick to my
understanding them with compassion.

Taking personal responsibility during normal times, is fine. However, these
are NOT FINE TIMES. They are EXTRAORDINARY TIMES, and we cannot turn out
heads to make us believe that they are. Lying is a sin, lying to yourself is
worse, and the bandwagon effect is STILL in effect, it seems.

-==jer-==

.. Again, nothing personal. Just setting the tone, that I firmly believe in
during these sad times.