[StBernard] Condemned

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue May 30 08:59:04 EDT 2006

Wow! ..big Dave! Did that come out of you?? Hardly was the truth spoken so
elequently so that all may understand the depth of hurt we're facing!

Flip-flopping was done. We were promised help get us back on the fast track
and instead was offered no solace, but to take our property for not cutting
grass under the circumstances. To those who believe otherwise, please send
me $50 every two weeks to help someone in need--me!!

The real truth is that you and I are not the only ones. There are 80% of the
parish in the same condition. Firstly we beg the Red Cross and FEMA,
churches, etc. for every penny they can offer us.

Then the government wants us to recovery by these actions. I'm certainly
thankful that some of us had the resources to continue on in their area,
whilst there are many who have been forced away and not able to do as
demanded/commanded/ordered/etc.

When it's convenient for the government to allow the apply the same
penalties to those who are incapable/hurting as those who are not, our
community is in dire need of a compassionate leader somewhere. People have
very long memories and those who will be around the area/given the right to
vote if displaced will remember these very "unclean" moments, so to speak.

Once again, Dave. Thanks for taking the podium for awhile. We'll pray deeply
for those in charge at 8201 W. Judge Perez Dr in Chalmette.

==jer==

John Richardson,
After the storm there was a long period of time before any of the
politicians spoke out. Maybe they were still hunkered down.
Then they came up with the "lists". Get on one or both and everything will
be hunky dorey. Now the lists are meaningless to some because they may not
get to your home and in the end you'll have to pay for it yourself. To me
that is negligence by the local government.
You say a year is too long a period of time to wait to have some action on
the homes.
Maybe the local government shouldn't have promised us "pie in the sky".
In New Orleans Nagin has ordered demolition of homes, but not
Katrina-destroyed homes. These are homes that have sat uninhabited for as
long as 5 years or more.
Now that a catastrophe has struck us there seems ,all of a sudden, a rush to
tell people do something or else. Maybe it's because the politicians figure
if a house isn't in apple pie-order now it will never be and the owner won't
come back to vote against them.
Personally, I don't like to be threatened.
Thanks,
David Jochum