[StBernard] Question for the list, but probably for Craig

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue May 30 09:05:21 EDT 2006

Please see the article referenced here on nola.com:

<http://www.nola.com/newsflash/louisiana/index.ssf?/base/news-25/11489117551
53470.xml&storylist=louisiana>

Is there any place in the parish to purchase firearms? Probably not, I'm
assuming. If that's the case where is the nearest area to purchase a
pistol? Prior to *the thing* I had a .22 rifle and 9 mm handgun. Both were
ruined when the levees failed Pls notice I didn't say "Katrina". Also, is
there anyplace other than E. Baton Rouge to take the training class for a
concealed weapon, i.e. anyplace within the metro NOLA area? I know the
Louisiana law says you can carry a weapon in your vehicle because it's an
extension of your home, but...maybe the concealed permit is a good thing
right now. I know Junior has to have a bodyguard to go into "dangerous:
areas" , and I guess those areas must be in the parish.

It would be too confusing to attempt to buy a weapon here in AL since I'm
not a resident and will return. However, I do want protection or the
opportunity to purchase it down there. Also, I probably need to get a 410
for the slithery things that are prevalent now. No..I don't mean the
lawyers, but the other, physically slithering snakes!

JY