[StBernard] council

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed May 31 10:19:59 EDT 2006

Do you mean to say, D, that Craig has NOT been sharing the Parish's Voice
here to his colleagues? I can't believe he would shelter them from the
grass-roots conversations.

However, I can attest that many are not totally literate to the medium. More
like couch potatoes (and no "fat jokes" intended here <G>) who might be
listening only to very positive things and ignoring anything that's
bothering the populace.

I can recall many leaders who are "spared" bad news, negativity and insults
as to keep anxiety, constructive criticism (and not-so-constructive
criticisms)in past histories. That's what happened to "dynasties" including
the French Revolution where information about people who were starving in
the streets were never led past the King/Empress, etc's ears because it
would mean the truth was out about their leadership to their
county/subjects.

Today's world has move to a more democratic one, but STILL there is
"sparing" and "Sharing" either going on or NOT going on depending upon the
truth.

I'm not one of the parish's leaders. But, I'll be damned if I'd attempt to
lead the parish without knowing what's going on with people's lives through
a vital source of info provided here and elsewhere if available. Craig knows
how important this medium is in comparison to the boob-tube. Hopefully, he
will do the right thing and allow daily updates about our plight.

As someone once remarked, "If One doesn't know, doesn't hear or see..how can
he react to remedy a situation properly? (Jer, 05/31/06)

Craig, as valuable as this means of communication has been between you, as
the email "voice" of the parish and us, the citizens, I was wondering if you
send copies of some or all of it to Dysart, Jr., and/or the other
councilpeople. These postings are the "pulse" of the parish and our parish
"doctors" should be getting these readings if they want to heal/cure some
of our concerns.

Maybe voters should consider a qualification for elected office is a person
who is computer literate enough to read and write email!

DDK