[StBernard] Grant Money

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Jun 2 14:57:03 EDT 2006

Melissa,

Where did you get this info? Walter Leger was saying just two days ago
that they were going to deduct all insurance proceeds.

Westley

Originally they were going to deduct your insurance money, but they added a
new admendment. The Senate approved it, so it got sent to the House and they
are the ones that added the admendment stating that insurance money cannot
be deducted. They UNANIMOUSLY approved the admendment. Apparantly, the House
thinks as we do, that it would punish those of us who did the right thing as
actually paid for insurance. So, because of the admendment, the bill went
back to the Senate so they could vote on the changes. Haven't heard anything
since then. I'm not sure if it will benefit renters, since the money is
based on house value, but information about it can be found at
<louisiana.gov>. There's a link for the Road Home Program. Has anybody heard
anything new on it yet? News would be appreciated, if there's any.

Melissa