[StBernard] Murphy Area Gutting

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Jun 3 17:31:22 EDT 2006

Craig,

OK...now I'm totally confused. I signed up the week before Thanksgiving for
home demolition and I live on Palmisano Blvd. I was NEVER told that because
I was in the oil spill zone that my home would not be demolished.
So...what's the scoop? Will it or will it NOT be demolished??? Should I
sign up with the Christian group or will I automatically be put on the list
with the Christian group for demolition???

Thanks...Rena Daniel

Jennifer,

gutting is not restricted in the murphy oil area- some groups that
have come
in did not want to go into the area and others did. Demolition in
the oil
spill area is not approved by FEMA for the parish demo contractor
but the
Christian Contractor group was doing it until they were told by FEMA
to stop
until there can be a review of their process.

We have asked the Christian Contractor to continue on and hope that
FEMA
sees the need to support the effort to have the debris removed from
the
demolition.

Good luck and God Bless,
Craig