[StBernard] question for Craig

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Jun 5 09:15:27 EDT 2006

Laurie,

In a B zone there is no compliance issue, therefore you only need the
engineers report to satisfy the structural integrity of the home- with a
rating of 60% - 100% you would need the report to get permitted for the
associated repair work. If you disagree with the assessment, you can
request a reassment in the community development office, if it is under 60%
then you can bypass the structural report if you sign a indemnity waiver and
file it with the clerk of court- the form is available in the community
development office.

You do not need the report for flood elevation issues, just the integrity of
the home.

Hope this helps.

Good luck and God Bless,
Craig