[StBernard] grasshoppers and caterpillars

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Jun 5 21:22:23 EDT 2006

Suddenly thousands of caterpillars invaded the yard and house. I dont mind
so much as they turn to butterflies, new life.

Hundreds and hundreds of Devil's Horses and brown crickets are having a ball
in the yard, on the roof, in the house, in the street, it feels like an
Egyptian plague. When driving, they crush as they are thick.
Does anyone know of something that repells these? They are kind of beautiful
creatures, great for sketching, but for that I need only one sitting still,
not hundreds jumping and even flying around. They eat my plants too, maybe
they eat the weeds.............
So, if you could give me a hint what repels them or kill if must be, that
would be appreciated. Found nothing specific in the gardening pest control
aisle.

Gaby