[StBernard] attached Minutes

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Jun 6 10:20:40 EDT 2006

MINUTES OF OPERATIONS BRIEFING
Thursday, June 1, 2006, 8:00 a.m.

Dave Peralta, Chief Administrative Officer

Present: 32

Emergency Operations: Larry Ingargiola.
1. Plans for the hurricane season are moving forward; expect to have the EOC
up and running next Friday.
2. The Weather Bug is a $96,000.00 project that is split with the Sheriff’s
Office; it will have 14 weather station locations.

Community Development: Michael Hunnicutt.
1. We are almost completed with our reports. We are hoping by the beginning
of April to be able to print out a monthly report.
2. We are still behind with making phone calls and permits. I have requested
more phones and equipment but still have not heard anything.
3. I am hearing rumors that the council may plan on extending the deadline.
I don’t know what the stand is on the council but keep in mind that this
will delay us in the parish.
4. At the end of April we made arrangements with the help from Danny, we
will have a workshop for the government officials and the public with
National flood insurance policy and programs. It will be held in the brown
tent behind the complex. Fema will also be there.

Public Works and Water and Sewer: Linda Daly
1. Chris is on vacation this week.
2. We have gotten our billing equipment in to start reading the meters and
mail outs will begin soon.

Recovery: David Dysart.
1. We are moving into the new camp at Willy P. Smith School tonight and
moving forward.
2. Would also like to thank Fema for the contract and everything they did
for us. Also, we asked the Red Cross if they could help us if Fema could
not.
3. The Made Love Café also is now closed as of last night after the last
meal.

Public Assistance:
Residential: Craig Taffaro.
1. Trailers for commercial sites are still being worked out. There are still
no deliveries for residents. Fema and Fluor are still working together to
resolve this issue on getting trailers for our residents.
2. The pilot program is in operation there was a meeting on Monday and the
contract still had not been signed.

Business: Charles Ponstein. Not present.
Taffaro reported for Charles Ponstein: The council is working on setting a
deadline on the movement of the temporary trailers along the highways to be
into permanent buildings or vacate out of the parish.

Private Non-Profit: Judy Hoffmeister
1. We still have many items for our residents at the Civic Center opened 6
days a week.

Volunteers: Gidget McDougall
1. Gathering the volunteer’s hours being worked in the parish.
2. This month the German council will come down to tour the parish.

Agriculture/Wildlife and Fisheries: Ricky Melerine.
1. The vessel salvage program with the Coast Guard is complete. Vessel were
taken and placed on barges because we do not have the land to store them. We
will explain on the web site to our vessel owners how they can go about
getting their vessels back.

Lake Borgne Basin Levee District: Bob Turner.
1. Hurricane levee system is back up to pre Katrina condition. We do have a
section of levee that is low project grade and that is the next section to
work on. Work is still being done at Caernarvon & Verret.
2. The pump stations work is coming along very smoothly.
3. The canal clearing that Fema contracted was completed and they did a good
job.
4. The water gauge is ready to be placed.
5. We are still having a problem with the four-wheelers on the levees. Need
the Sheriff’s Office to monitor them; they are tearing up the grass plus
they are in the way of the contractors.

Medical: Dr. Bryan Bertucci
1. We will move into the 22K Tuesday.
2. The flow of getting our patients in and out will be better being we have
12 rooms now.
3. X-rays and the Lab machines should be ready Monday.
4. Will be attending the LRA Meeting on June 15, 2006.

EMS: Janie Fuller. No report.

Public Safety: Sheriff=s Office. Pete Tufaro
1. Working on our neighborhood watch program.

Fire Department: Matt Caluda. No report.

Environmental Issues:
CDC and DEQ: Wayne Desselle.
1. We had a meeting Friday and last Tuesday about the volunteers demolish
homes and not removing the hazardous materials, but since the meeting that
issue has been resolved.
2. ACTI house hold hazardous material waste site on Aycock Street. That
site is being taken over by EPA who has the task to remove everything from
that location.
3. The parish submitted a requested to Fema to pick up white goods in the
original footprint of the oil spill last weekend EPA did a survey of those
white goods in 348 locations and only had to go back and check one for oil.

EPA: No Report
Murphy Oil: Carl Zornes
1. Picked up to date: 305,000 cubic yards of debris removed.

Parish Government:
Council: Lynn Dean. Not present.
Parks and Recreation: John Metzler, Jr.
1. Our coaches meeting will be held today and our league will run from June
17 to July 29, 2006.
External Affairs: No report.
Finance: Geremie Loupe. Not present.
Personnel: Kevin Clark. Not present.
Insurance: Mike Wiltz. Not present.
Long Term Recovery: Marvin LeBlanc. Not present.

General Information:
Next meeting scheduled for Thursday June 8, 2006 at 8 a.m.