[StBernard] Grass Cutting

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Jun 26 08:59:22 EDT 2006

Good Morning Westley:

1. There was a post back some time for cutting grass, with a phone number -
a mother & son. Somehow thru all this mayhem, I have lost this number. We
went last week to try & get the weeds down, but weed eaters just can't hack
the big weeds.

We have one house gutted and are trying to make the outside (front & back
yards) look somewhat presentable. Does this lady and son handle the weeds
also?

2. We went down to the parish (3) times to find out about taxes. We were
told they would send out in April, then May. Still haven't got anything.
Don't want to lose the house because taxes were not paid.

3. While we were down there we reported a 50' wooden pole on the property
and they said they would remove it. Well they did, sort of - they moved it
down in front of another house - which we feel terrible - what did that
gain????? We were on corner of Jean Lafitte and Galliant. We just want to
let those people know we had nothing to do with that and we apologize.

We are in our 70's and we are trying to keep up with all these deadlines.
We have (2) homes to contend with. It is especially hard because all of our
family lived in St. Bernard and lost everything like we did. We have
relocated and trying to settle in our new location. And when you spend all
your life savings to get relocated, it is exceptionally difficult when we
are trying to handle (2) homes. Who wants to make a mortgage at our
age??????

One home has been gutted (with the beautiful help of Lockheed Martin -
Michoud "House Busters", Tulane Students and students from Colorado
University - We would have never been able to do this ourselves. The other
home on Pirate Dr has been on the list since April.

You are doing a tremendous job, as we said many times before. May God
Continually Bless You and your family.

Thank you for letting me vent.

Hope you do take some time to "rest up" on July 4th. This should be on your
"must do" list.

Pat & Jay