[StBernard] Deadlines

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Jun 26 09:09:07 EDT 2006

I love how St. Bernard Parish government is imposing deadlines. How about
us imposing some deadlines on them? Should we impose deadlines for picking
up abandoned cars? I'm sure they will say that it is out of there control
and they are waiting for this or for that. Guess what? So are many who
haven't done anything with their properties. Why spend money on a house
that may be mitigated, or is that even a possibility any more? So many
waiting for the free gutting and now are being told that it probably won't
happen. Fine. So a Christian group decides to do it for free - sorry,
numerous road blocks are thrown up. Does the parish really want everyone
back? It is beginning to feel that this isn't the case. How many of the
trailer park sites are filled? Oh, let's blame FEMA for that. I'm so tired
of this one pointing at that one and that one pointing back. What a joke!