[StBernard] Property tax

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Jun 26 22:10:39 EDT 2006

When we sold our Chalmette home in December, the attorney/title company that
handled the sale kept $1200 to pay for the property tax in 2005. We
received a call from the company last week telling us that they will be
sending a check to us for the whole $1200. Our house had been assessed at
the homestead exemption limits and we won't have to pay any property taxes
for 2005. Where the title company got this information, I don't know. I
personally think it is crazy because for 8 months out of the year my home
was worth more. It shoud be pro-rated or something. How is the parish
going to survive financially if the homes are being assessed this way?

Cindy