[StBernard] FOR PAT & JAY

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Jun 26 22:19:07 EDT 2006

Pat and Jay:

Someone posted info for Otto's Lawn Service and we hired him to do our
yards. Since my neighbors *are* back in FEMA trailer at their house they
watched and said he did a very good job. In fact, they paid him to edge
their yard since they haven't bought an edger yet. His phone number is
504-251-4312.

If you call him he will ask for the address and go out, take a look and call
you back with a price.

Hope this helps!

Jim York

----

Good Morning Westley:

1. There was a post back some time for cutting grass, with a phone
number -
a mother & son. Somehow thru all this mayhem, I have lost this
number. We
went last week to try & get the weeds down, but weed eaters just
can't hack
the big weeds.

We have one house gutted and are trying to make the outside (front &
back
yards) look somewhat presentable. Does this lady and son handle the
weeds
also?

2. We went down to the parish (3) times to find out about taxes. We
were
told they would send out in April, then May. Still haven't got
anything.
Don't want to lose the house because taxes were not paid.

3. While we were down there we reported a 50' wooden pole on the
property
and they said they would remove it. Well they did, sort of - they
moved it
down in front of another house - which we feel terrible - what did
that
gain????? We were on corner of Jean Lafitte and Galliant. We just
want to
let those people know we had nothing to do with that and we
apologize.

We are in our 70's and we are trying to keep up with all these
deadlines.
We have (2) homes to contend with. It is especially hard because all
of our
family lived in St. Bernard and lost everything like we did. We have
relocated and trying to settle in our new location. And when you
spend all
your life savings to get relocated, it is exceptionally difficult
when we
are trying to handle (2) homes. Who wants to make a mortgage at our
age??????

One home has been gutted (with the beautiful help of Lockheed Martin
-
Michoud "House Busters", Tulane Students and students from Colorado
University - We would have never been able to do this ourselves. The
other
home on Pirate Dr has been on the list since April.

You are doing a tremendous job, as we said many times before. May
God
Continually Bless You and your family.

Thank you for letting me vent.

Hope you do take some time to "rest up" on July 4th. This should be
on your
"must do" list.

Pat & Jay