[StBernard] #11

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Jun 29 22:48:36 EDT 2006

Better question yet: Has any other state tried it and got it to work?

I'm so sick of hearing "insurance companies are risk averse". As John said,
Bullsh*t.

They know all the odds and let's face it: They haven't paid much of
anything I'm willing to bet on hurricane related claims in SBP for sometime.
My parents had 2 claims in over 34 years-one where lightning struck the ac
unit and the other for some mild wind damage in a t.s. I think. But those
thousands of dollars were paid in, year in and year out. And I really don't
want to hear the companies say "We're answerable to our stockholders". As
has been said on this list before, their stockholders are not guaranteed
profits year in and out.

JLY

John,

Have you mentioned this idea to Walter? He is already in and should
have no
ties to the insurance biz.

Westley