[StBernard] More Debris Pick-Up

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Jul 6 22:51:18 EDT 2006

Craig:

I could not agree more with Melissa's statements. I would like to add the
corners of Charles Drive and Genie Street and all along Corinne Drive and
Corinne Avenue. It has been EIGHT weeks since any debris was removed from
the neutral grounds in Corinne Estates, and a quick glance will verify that
the majority of the debris is NOT from rebuilding, but from the gutting of
homes. I am glad to say that it appears that there is only one or two more
houses in Corinne Estates that have not been gutted as-of-yet, and one is on
the list for demolition.

I agree that all the workers are busy and tired, and suggest that one of the
supervisors drive through these different areas and prioritize the clean-up
effort on a weekly basis. In no case should any area have to wait two
months for a clean-up. People complain about the drains and canals becoming
stopped up, but letting the debris sit there only allows for more drainage
problems, the smell, and now, snakes and rodents.

Who is responsible for making Murphy comply with their clean-up operations?
I have called at least once weekly, only to be told that there was a
back-log, but the situation will improve within a matter of days. Their
actions have shown otherwise. They don't even have the courtesy to return
local telephone calls.

Any assistance that you or any member of the parish council can provide will
be very much appreciated

John Richardson

I have yet another block that needs to be cleaned up a bit. It seems
that I
could watch the debris pile up for months with no-one coming to haul
it away
and once I post it on here, its gone in a matter of days. For that,
heartily thank Craig since I'm pretty sure its his doing.

So here goes. In the 3800 block of Lyndel Drive between Genie Street
and the
40-Arpent Canal, we have several piles of debris. In fact, closer to
Genie,
the piles are haphazrdly dumped on top of the drains and the street
is
flooding slightly. And further down, we're living across the street
from a
relatively large pile. There are also several flooded cars and
further down
the street a boat as well. I'd really appreciate it if you could
once again
work your magic and have it picked up for us soon.

I understand that the crews are working non-stop but I think that
they need
to have somebody driving all the streets and looking for the debris
piles.
We're in the back and it seems that no-one comes back here except
when I
specifically ask for it. Or maybe setting up a hot-line where
residents can
call and inform them where some debris is wouldn't be a bad idea. It
would
free up this board for more important issues and Craig wouldn't have
interecede on our behalf. Just a thought.

Thanks
Melissa