[StBernard] blighted notices

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Jul 8 21:50:31 EDT 2006

I agree with your observation, Deborah. How is it that posting a list of
blighted houses at the courthouse going to be read by the folks who have
left St. Bernard parish, can't return, are out of state, etc? Are we to
believe that they are still living in their "blighted homes" and can make
the trek to the courthouse to notice that their homes are in peril? The
Internet is the only real way to reach those who are no longer afforded the
luxury of living in their destroyed abodes by whatever reason of insanity
has forced them to do so and can not physically be at the courthouse lobby
to see what's being done behind the scenes for them?

Maddening, and it gets stranger and more tragic as time evolves. ;^(

-=jer=-

Why did the press release say that the Parish is going to post blighted
homes at the courthouse? Seems if you want people to be notified and you
want residents to see which neighboring blighted homes are listed, it would
be posted on the parish website, as well as in the newspaper, even if it's
just the Voice. Since so few people get the Voice and since most of the
blighted homes have owners not living in St. Bernard, it seems to me that
the internet and Times Picayune are better venues for this public
information. Perhaps the Parish intends to do more than post at the
courthouse and maybe they intend to and the press release just didn't say
that. It's public information.

Deborah Keller