[StBernard] Blighted List

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Jul 10 01:48:48 EDT 2006

". 2 officials' homes on demolish list
When the St. Bernard Parish Council voted Thursday to notify owners of 7,833
homes their property was officially considered blighted and could be
considered for demolition, the list included the home of one council member
and the council clerk."

--exactly what we've been saying. Ineptness rampant. MJ

Btw, Nola.com carries the list on its site, even though the parish hasn't
thought to place such an important document immediately on it's own site.

Subject: [StBernard] Blighted List

Dear Westley
My brother's home was hit by Katrina. He was caught there during the
hurricane. His insuraance has denied his claim. This, tho, is my question.
He is living with me in Georgia and we have heard that a list of 'blighted'
homes has been put out by authorities in St. Bernard. I cannot seem to find
any such list on the St. Bernard website. Can you help?

Peggy