[StBernard] Response to Mr. Charlie Fos

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Jul 12 22:33:31 EDT 2006

I didn't know that it was an option to get reimbursement or compensation for
something that was commandeered by the parish during the storm. My
husband's boat was commandeered. He was going fishing the next day and it
was full of gas and ready to go. It was under our carport when we evacuated
and he left the key in it in case our neighbors needed it if we flooded.
Well, the police needed it and used it. We didn't know where it was for a
long time but we finally found it laying on the ground off Parish Road with
a bunch of other boats. They said it had been used to resue people until it
ran out of gas. It was a mess. Gashed and scratched up and the battery and
other usable things were taken to use in other places after the gas ran out.

For some reason I still don't know, they sprayed painted on it with orange
paint that we still can't remove. We have spent our own money attempting to
getting it back it shape but it is not the same nice new one year old shinny
boat that it was before. It looks like 100 miles of bad road. It still runs
good. I'm glad they got to use it to help people, I just wish they would
have taken care of it and not trashed it.

Laurie