[StBernard] COE report

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Jul 12 23:02:29 EDT 2006

Anyone with the time and interest to read the 78 page first report issued by
COE yesterday, can find it at

<http://www.nola.com/katrina/pdf/071106_LCPR_2006.pdf>

Lots of pretty pictures and graphics, good overview about hurricanes, risk
analysis, factors to consider in weighing the costs and benefits of
protecting coastal areas. Recommends a long, formal planning process and
additional reports in order to make specific recommendations for improving
the hurricane protection system to anything more than what is already
authorized. That's where our Congressionals are irritated. We're fighting
for our lives and the clock is ticking.

I saw on wwwl- tv last night where the COE has made preliminary predictions
that a massive storm on a critical path over Lake Pontchartrain could
produce a wall of water 25 to 30 feet high on the southshore. I think our
brethren in East Jefferson are thinking they could be the next St. Bernard
regardless of where Broussard has his pump operators.

ddk