[StBernard] Home / Neighborhood Maintenance

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Jul 14 22:22:56 EDT 2006

Westley and/or Craig:

I own a home on Congressman Hebert and behind my house is a service alley.
I think that technically 5 feet of the alley belongs to me however it seems
that even before the storm most of my neighbors chose not to take/use that
property. My question is: whose responsibility is it to maintain the
alley? Right now the grass is higher than the fence there is numerous flood
and hurricane debris (even an easy chair) . . . It worries me that who knows
what could be living back there. Is this something the parish is
responsible for? or is it the property owners responsibility? I think it
would be hard to convince any of my elderly neighbors to assit in cleaning
it up. Any info on this would be appreciated. Thanks, Tanya