[StBernard] Rental Rules

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Jul 14 22:27:26 EDT 2006

I know for a fact that enforcing the existing law covering who can reside in
a single family dwelling was difficult prior to Katrina. I had a dear
friend that lived on Old Hickory in a corner house. It appeard that there
were several families or working people with trucks that were residing in
one small residence with the trucks parked on the curbs of my friends home.
I think that the home owner was renting rooms to contractors at Mobile for a
turn a round.
The parish was notified and we were told to call our constable. After
speaking with him several times nothing was ever done.

Why would anything be done now when we have less people to enforce these
items.

The only time I know of this being enforced was after an entire neighborhood
went to the coucil and planning and zonning conmnission to have the owners
of a single family home being used as a alternative home to be shut down and
relocated to a buildilng zoned properly for that type of activity.

I too like Deborah do hope that our parish can do better in the future to
enforce the zoning ordinances.
Jill Dolese