[StBernard] Broadband Power Line

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Jul 14 23:00:45 EDT 2006

John,

Broadband Power Line is just another conduit into the home and I'm all for
it.

If you have the TELCO's, cable companies, and power companies all fighting
for your business, that has got to mean lower prices and better service for
everyone.

I've haven't read all that much about it lately, but I'm sure it is going to
follow the same road as cable. Available in limited markets, early adopters
will not be totally thrilled with, but eventually it will settle into place.

My sister tried to switch to Cox phone service back when they first started
offering it and couldn't get them to come out and install it. That made me
hold back on ordering it myself. Once I did make the switch to Cox, and I
switched everything (TV, phone, Internet), I was extremely happy with the
service.

BPL will find its place in the market, but Entergy and the likes have to be
careful. How they treat customers on their primary line of business will
determine if they are even considered for the secondary lines.

Westley