[StBernard] MINUTES OF OPERATIONS BRIEFING - July 13

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Jul 17 01:36:30 EDT 2006

MINUTES OF OPERATIONS BRIEFING
Thursday, July 13, 2006, 8:00 a.m.

Dave Peralta, Chief Administrative Officer

Present: 23

Emergency Operations: Larry Ingargiola. Not present.

Community Development: Mike Hunnicutt. Not present.

Public Works and Water and Sewer: Linda Daly
1. Water bills will be mailed out today.
Curry reports:
1. Demolition and debris removal continue.
2. We are getting some help with SHPO and the State leave along with FEMA.
3. The new ROE is completed for the Murphy Oil spill area. Residents can go
the Public Works office (2nd floor of the Government Complex) to fill out
the new ROE to get their home demolished.
4. We will be placing an Ad in the newspaper educating the residents about
new construction debris.
5. We finished at the E.J. Gore pumping station, have cleared out 4,000
cubic yards of debris and will assist the parish in setting a drop spot
placing cans at that location and the one on Paris Road.

Recovery: David Dysart. Not present
1. Camp Hope is running as planned, have an issue with Habitat of Humanity
unable to keep their commit to the number of volunteers to date at Willy P.
Smith School. We are looking into alternates programs and churches to get
more volunteers at Camp Hope.
2. We are about one week away from being done with all the work at Camp
Hope.
3. We are working on the PW's for vehicles.
4. LRA is still in need of a building here in St. Bernard for a 3-4 year
program and this could take place at Nunez Community College if another
location cannot be located.

Public Assistance:
Residential: Craig Taffaro.
1. FEMA is working on getting more contractors for the trailer removal
program which the parish has about 3,000 requested from residents to have
their trailer removed from their property.

Business: Charles Ponstein.
1. A Restaurant Guide was given out of those open in the parish to date.
Some locations are operating out of trailers while their building is being
repaired or rebuilt.
2. We called the state and they said that the trailer program for business
has been discontinued.

Private Non-Profit: Judy Hoffmeister. Not present.
Volunteers: Gidget McDougall
1. We are preparing a historical properties list to make sure none of these
buildings will be demolished.
2. We had an offer for a library donation but we do not have a building so
we are working on try to get a temporary trailer as our library.
3. We are working with the Council to put on a 'home show' with contractors
next Saturday, July, 29, 2006 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the tent on the
government grounds.
4. The Red Fish Cup will be held August 31-September 2, 2006 across the
river and they have a few anglers that are willing to come down a day early
to help our parish.

Agriculture/Wildlife and Fisheries: Ricky Melerine. Not present.
Lake Borgne Basin Levee District: Bob Turner. Not present.

Medical: Dr. Bryan Bertucci. Not present.

EMS: Janie Fuller. Not present.

Public Safety: Sheriff's Office. Pete Tufaro. Not present.

Fire Department: A.J. Seruntine
1. We have not had any calls for structure fires in the past 3 days. We did
have 38 other calls.

Environmental Issues:
CDC and DEQ: Wayne Desselle. Not present.

EPA: Not present.
Murphy Oil: Jim Wallwork
1. Homes cleaned to date: 1,767 exteriors; 597 interiors; 122 yards scrapped
and 369,000 cubic yards of debris have been picked up.
2. Yesterday EPA and DEQ gave us the formal approval for our clean up plans.

Parish Government:
Council: Lynn Dean. Not present.
Parks and Recreation: John Metzler, Jr.
1. Everything going good. Some parents requesting the league continue
because the kids are having fun.
External Affairs: No report.
Finance: Geremie Loupe. Not present.
Personnel: Kevin Clark. Not present.
Insurance: Mike Wiltz. Not present.
Long Term Recovery: Marvin LeBlanc. Not present.

General Information:
FEMA: Allison Davis;
1. The Fema DRC located in Wal Mart parking lot will end on July 22, 2006.
The tent will still be there as SBA operations and mitigation office.
2. FEMA will host a public meeting Saturday, July 15, at 10 a.m. in the
Parish Council trailer office, in which officials of FEMA will discuss flood
elevation.

Next meeting scheduled for Monday, July 17, 2006, at 8 a.m.