[StBernard] (no subject)

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Jul 18 23:30:54 EDT 2006

MINUTES OF OPERATIONS BRIEFING
Monday, July 17, 2006, 8:00 a.m.

Dave Peralta, Chief Administrative Officer

Present: 27

Emergency Operations: Larry Ingargiola. Not present.

Community Development: Mike Hunnicutt. Not present.

Public Works and Water and Sewer: Chris Merkl
1. Water bills were mailed out last week billing will be from May to
present.
Curry reports:
1. Demolition and debris removal continues.
2. We have not heard a word from CCA, we have not seen them doing a work in
the area.
3. We are working on the Paris Road drop station. This station should be
opening this week or the beginning of next week.

Recovery: David Dysart. Not present
1. We met with the Fire department on Friday we have one deputy during the
day and two at night until Tuesday when the State Fire Marshall comes in.
2. We are still working on getting electricity by the end of this week at
Camp Hope.
3. We are working on recruiting additional volunteers with some local
churches.
4. We found a web site called stbernardproject.org that is up and running we
do not believe is an origination that are here helping St. Bernard.

Public Assistance:
Residential: Craig Taffaro.
1. The pilot program is not moving as rapidly the number of trailers that
are being released was only 42 in three weeks.
2. We attended the LRA & Fema meeting Saturday it was fairly well attended
and productive.

Business: Charles Ponstein.
1. Today is the last day for property taxes.

Private Non-Profit: Judy Hoffmeister. Not present.
Volunteers: Gidget McDougall
1. Our Tourism meetings are being held every other month.
2. CRC met they are working with the Champions for the projects to be
approved by the council.
3. We are working on the Art in April grant.

Agriculture/Wildlife and Fisheries: Ricky Melerine. Not present.
Lake Borgne Basin Levee District: Bob Turner.
1. Levee work is on going. We are up to pre Katrina standards however the
federal government is still working on the levees.
2. The canals we are taking into our own hands for some of the work.

Medical: Dr. Bryan Bertucci. Not present.

EMS: Janie Fuller. Not present.

Public Safety: Sheriff's Office. Pete Tufaro.
1. We don't have anything major to report.

Fire Department: Warren Drewes
1. We had a house fire that the residents were just putting the finishing
touches on when they had an electrical short in a wall. We were able to save
the structure before getting into the attic.

Environmental Issues:
CDC and DEQ: Wayne Desselle.
1. Nothing major to report.

EPA: Not present.
Murphy Oil: Carl Zornes
1. 375,000 cubic yards of debris have been picked up.

Parish Government:
Council: Lynn Dean. Not present.
Parks and Recreation: John Metzler, Jr.
1. Everything going good.
External Affairs: No report.
Finance: Geremie Loupe. Not present.
Personnel: Kevin Clark. Not present.
Insurance: Mike Wiltz. Not present.
Long Term Recovery: Marvin LeBlanc. Not present.

General Information:
Next meeting scheduled for Thursday, July 20, 2006, at 8 a.m.