[StBernard] Question regarding Green Space

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Jul 25 00:36:16 EDT 2006

I just read the post below, on the St. Bernard forum, on NOLA.com. Not
having read yesterday's paper, I can't vouch for the validity of the
information, but, I thought the green spaces were no longer valid issues.
Are green space areas still viable? If so, where is the authorized list
posted? I am interested because I have a property that is located in one of
the intially identified green space areas. A few months ago I was told that
the green space areas were no longer up for consideration, because the
Parish doesn't have enough money to purchase the properties.
Any information will be more than appreciated.

Thanks

18645. GREEN SPACE(AGAIN!!)
by marilynarabi, 7/24/06 9:11 ET

OK, WOULD OUR OFFICIALS MAKE UP THEIR MINDS. VERY LARGE ARTICLE IN
YESTERDAYS PAPER ON ST. BERNARD. COVERED A LOT OF GOOD POINTS. HOWEVER, IT
WAS STATED AGAIN ABOUT THE LONG NORTH STRIP OF PROPERTIES ALONG THE 40
ARPENT BEING GREEN SPACE. I LIVE TWO BLOCKS FROM THE CANAL IN ST. CLAUDE
HEIGHTS - A LOT OF MY NEIGHBORS INVESTING MONEY IN FIXING, (INCLUDING
RAISING) THEIR HOMES. WE NEED A DEFINITE ANSWER ON THIS. IF IT IS GOING TO
BE GREEN SPACE, OK, TELL US SO WE CAN MOVE FURTHER SOUTH. THEIR WISHY WASHY
ATTITUDE IS DRIVING PEOPLE CRAZY AND KEEPING A LOT OF US IN "LIMBO". MY
HOUSE WILL BE DEMO'D SORTLY, DO I REBUILD?MOVE?. CAN WE REBUILD OR
NOT??????? THE ONLY ANSWER I RECEIVED FROM MADARY IS "IF YOU REBUILD AND
THEN DESIGNATED GREEN, THEY WILL HAVE TO PAY YOU YOUR NEW HOME VALUE" LIKE
ITS NO BIG DEAL. NO ONE WANTS TO REBUILD TWICE qUESTIOqUES

CHARLIE FOS