[StBernard] The Undodged Bullet - Chapter 6

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Jul 27 23:33:15 EDT 2006

This is exactly the kind of political "red-tape" or play on words that needs
to stop going forward in the future.
You mean to tell me that the big hold up, the delay in help that caused over
1,000 people to lose their lives,
was whether the levees were "breached" or "over-topped"?????!
What's the damn difference??? The effects were the same!
They should have known. In advance. Were there no studies???! You mean the
corps built levees to PROTECT our city, but didn't know what the effects
would be if there was a massive storm surge that caused the water to
over-top the levees for hours on end, and that the soil would just WASH
AWAY????
I'm not an expert, nor a scientist, but didn't either scenario (over-topping
or breaching) create the same out-come??? So what the hell was the delay in
deciding what level of catastrophe we were experiencing??? (and at this
point I thought a catastrphe was a catastrophe, I didn't know there were
different levels....)
Now I am even more pi$$ed!
In my opinion, this federal government is a MAJOR castastrophe compared to
Katrina!
Thanks for the vent this morning.

Tracie Brown