[StBernard] Demolished House

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Jul 29 00:39:49 EDT 2006

Lenny,

There are discussions going on right now with FEMA to make the debris
eligible. The CCA took it upon themselves to demo homes that were on the
parish list, but not their list. Please understand that no one gave them
permission to take houses down randomly. Their demolition activities have
ceased until they get the debris piles that they created handled, but we are
having some problems getting them to complete that task, thus the piles
sitting in place. I checked on the legal issue and am told that it is
actually a legal dispute between the homeowner and CCA.

Our goal is to find a way to get FEMA to determine the debris eligible for
pick up- regardless of who created the problem- CCA is not handling it so
we are finding a way to handle it for them.

Good luck and God Bless,
Craig