[StBernard] need info

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Jul 29 22:13:07 EDT 2006


My mother in law is in zone A in Carolyn Park. She wants to rebuild. We
have the engineers report of under 50% damage and have filed an electrical
permit. Her house was built before 1974. Is she compliant? Do we need to
do anything else? She needs LRA money since she only had $15,000 of flood
insurance. Her reasoning was it only cost $15,000 to fix the house after
Betsy. She's elderly.

Thanks, Laurie




>the easiest way to determine if your house was compliant is to know

>when it was built- if it was built after 1974, you are compliant. If

>built before 1974, an elevation survey will be needed and then that

>compared to the elevations in community development.


>The most important component is to get compliant with the current maps

>before the ABFE is established.


>Good luck and God Bless,


More information about the StBernard mailing list