[StBernard] need info - da real truth

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Aug 2 01:18:28 EDT 2006

A good friend of mine, Dave, passed this info to me as a concern he had for
me and the parish.

Are we overreacting to the thought of our site being compared to the
infamous Love Canal of the eighties
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_Canal> ?

Every day, because info is either blatantly ignored, passed over, or
diminished somewhat, we have to become more anxious over the outcome of the
area that is in Area 52. I personally, have never been contacted by those
who know or fail to report the info we need as to the risks taken, the
degree of toxication or any future outcome by taking such risks.

Given an example, the oil spill, perhaps zillions of pounds of insecticides
in garages, oil, gas, rat, red-ant and roach poisons. And my house's garage,
etc. is but one source. Where do we think this stuff went when it left my
home (and 47,000 others?). The arsenic (27 times an EPA safe level) the
normal amount found along the Gulf Coast)?
<http://www.wdsu.com/news/9600859/detail.html?taf=no>

Geez, I'm worried. Perhaps we shouldn't be so? Until then, we should keep
digging, refurbishing, and hope there's not a bit of truth that any harm
will be left with us as time marches on.

--jer--