[StBernard] For the first time since Katrina, water bills to go out in St. Bernard Parish

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Aug 2 01:20:35 EDT 2006

I have no problem with the parish charging for water since May, provided
that the information is accurate. I am confused as to how anyone could read
my meter since it is was inadvertently covered with St. Augustine sod when
we replaced our lawn.

Also, is the parish continuing their former policy of waiving the sewer
charges once annually for those with swimming pools? Since Katrina we have
had to fill the pool twice, once after the initial cleaning, then later
drained, replastered, and filled again. As the sewer charges are virtually
equal to the monthly charges for water, this amount can add up quickly.

JFR