[StBernard] water bills

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Aug 3 21:04:46 EDT 2006

This posting might save a few hundred phone calls to the parish sewerage and
water dept. I called because I kept reading that water bills were sent out
and water would be turned off if not paid. I never received a bill and I
suspected that they no longer had the ability to do the direct debit from
checking accounts. This is to clarify the situation as told to me by a very
polite person there.

Water bills have been sent out to THOSE IN TRAILERS. The trailers will be
billed from May, when those meters were read, or if the trailer came after
May, whenever they set up the trailer.
Water bills for those in homes have not been read yet, but will be read to
establish a first reading and charges will be made based on the difference
between that first reading and the second reading.
So if you are not in a trailer, they didn't send you a bill yet.

It is correct that they no longer can debit your checking account or take
electronic payments, and if you have a new billing address, they need you to
call them so that there is no delay when you are mailed a water bill. The
phone number is still the old number, 504-271-1681 ( I couldn't find it on
the parish website) for those of you with no phone book.

So to those not in trailers, but getting water, you can pressure wash that
house and sidewalk to your heart's content because you're not being charged
for it, just yet.

Ddk