[StBernard] need info

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Aug 4 20:07:37 EDT 2006

"MJ I do not think you have to build on the same spot with LRA, the only
penalty comes in, is when you leave the state.
Sue"

...Sue, I was bringing it up after hearing on TV that BELOW 50% damage was a
key signal to have the homes "refurbished" with the supporting money. ..That
in order to get money for relocation, one would have to have 50% or higher
(which would be considered "totaled"--thus allowing the homeowner money up
to $150,000 to rebuild elsewhere. Can someone authenicate this? Thank you.
mj

If we have UNDER 50% and want to stay in the same spot, we benefit
by being
grandfathered IN, avoid having to elevate homes, but with LRA, it
appears
they want homeowners to stay and rebuild the structure (mandatory?).
If we
have OVER 50%, the LRA helps kick in to support a relocation to
$150,000?
Can anyone clarify/certify if this logic sounds ok? thanks

mj