[StBernard] Your LouisianaRebuilds.info Newsletter

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Aug 4 20:34:20 EDT 2006

The LouisianaRebuilds.info Newsletter
Your First Stop On the Way Home

LouisianaRebuilds.info <http://www.louisianarebuilds.info> is an
information web portal that is your central source for rebuilding and
planning information and links to resources both in Louisiana and around the
country.

In the first month of operation over 60,000 people have visited
LouisianaRebuilds.info, and our online community is growing everyday. Please
register below:

<http://louisianarebuilds.grassroots.com/signup/?lk=5430994-5430994-0-22740-
REBelJ24v6cVVZbk9Hixg1qRgpH3ePL1>

News

The Road Home Program Launches New Website

The Road Home is a program developed by Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco
to help Louisiana residents get back into their homes or apartments as
quickly and fairly as possible. Through The Road Home, eligible homeowners
may receive up to $150,000 in uninsured, uncompensated damages to get you
back into your home.

To start your application, visit The Road Home's official Web site at
www.road2LA.org to apply online or call 1-888-ROAD-2-LA (1-888-762-3252) to
request an application to be mailed to you. Homeowners should note that they
do not need to pay to apply to the program and program representatives will
never ask for your credit card information.

The Road Home Web site (www.Road2La.org) features information on how to
apply to The Road Home, helpful tools and resources, hurricane facts and
figures, and job opportunities. Interested homeowners can also view an
extensive frequently asked questions page and information to contact The
Road Home directly. Information for renters will be coming soon.

Disaster Fraud Prevention

If you believe you have been the victim of a disaster related scam, please
contact the following agencies:

Louisiana Department of Justice
Charles C. Foti, Jr., Attorney General
Consumer Protection Section
301 Main Street, Suite 1250
Baton Rouge, LA 70825
(800) 351-4889
www.ag.state.la.us

Better Business Bureau
Baton Rouge: (225) 346-5222
Alexandria: (318) 473-4494
Houma: (985) 868-3456
Lafayette: (337) 981-3497
Lake Charles: (337) 478-6253
Monroe: (318) 387-4600
New Orleans: (504) 581-6222
Shreveport: (318) 861-6417

Contractors Licensing Board
2525 Quail Drive
Baton Rouge, LA 70808
(800) 256-1392

New Orleans Small Business Recovery Guide

In partnership with Xavier University of Louisiana and The New Orleans
Chamber of Commerce, Seedco Financial Services has compiled this online
listing of financial and technical resources available to small businesses
in New Orleans.

The online guide will be updated regularly and a printed guide will be
available for download.

Click here to view the guide.
<http://www.nolabusinessresourceguide.org/?m=servicetype&id=36>

How can I obtain copies of vital documents such as birth certificates,
drivers' licenses, or other forms of ID?

Many Louisiana residents need to replace vital documents and forms of
identification that were damaged or lost. If you need to replace a birth,
death, or marriage certificate, you have a number of options:

* The Vital Check website
<http://www.vitalchek.com/provider_overview.asp?provider_id=90218> allows
you to place orders for certificates online for a fee.
* The Vital Records Registry page of the website for the Louisiana
Department of Health and Hospitals
<http://www.dhh.louisiana.gov/offices/page.asp?id=252&detail=6489> provides
addresses and instructions for mail-in or walk-in requests. You can also
call the Vital Records Office at 504-219-4500.
* For a replacement driver's license, see the instructions for mail-in
requests on the Louisiana Office of Motor Vehicles' website.
<https://web01.dps.louisiana.gov/omvfaqs.nsf/504ca249c786e20f85256284006da7a
b/47f66e9a09af1fbd86256d870051177c?OpenDocument> Or call their toll-free
number: 1-877-DMV-LINE (1-877-368-5463).

Featured Story

Louisianarebuilds.info <http://www.louisianarebuilds.info> is collecting
the personal stories of Louisianans who are rebuilding their lives, homes,
and communities. Whether you are searching for answers, need an outlet for
your own rebuilding experience, or you want to share lessons learned, please
share your story with the online community of LouisianaRebuilds.info.
<http://www.louisianarebuilds.info>

Here's a recent story from Dolores of Inglewood, CA

"It was calm before the storm, no birds, no squirls, nothing was moving. The
wind began to blow so hard that the upstairs window shattered. I went
downstairs to get a board to cover the window when I heard a blast. After
the blast, the water came in so fast I hardly made it upstairs. I called to
my husband and he was coming out of the kitchen and he said lets get in the
attic, as he pulled down the stairs the water continued to follow us up the
ladder until it reached the bottom of the window seal upstairs."

Read More of Her Story by clicking here
<http://louisianarebuilds.grassroots.com/stories/?storyId=5723668> .

Share Your Story

Do you want to tell your story? Please, take a minute and share your story
with other Louisianans now.

Share Your Own Story
<http://louisianarebuilds.grassroots.com/shareyourstory?lk=5430994-5430994-0
-22740-REBelJ24v6cVVZbk9Hixg1qRgpH3ePL1>

Read Other Stories
<http://louisianarebuilds.grassroots.com/stories?lk=5430994-5430994-0-22740-
REBelJ24v6cVVZbk9Hixg1qRgpH3ePL1>