[StBernard] planning commission to hear oil drilling case

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Aug 4 20:39:44 EDT 2006

OK.. who will benefit on this decision? I would like to know do the voters
have any input of the decision of this oil permit?

This parish is dying little by little with the refineries we have already,
why on GOD'S earth would we want this? Someone educate
me?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought we wanted people to come back.
This only scares residents from coming back. It's getting harder each day
to decide about staying.. why am I spending what little money I have left to
my name to support such idiotic ideas? I wonder how many of the "higher
ups" have 3 mortgages after the storm? I do! I AM THE PEON! Please stop
treading on me.. on the rest of us peons! We are human and we can't take
much more.

I was interviewed by and outside organization yesterday doing a survey on
housing and contamination of the aftermath of Katrina. I
asked...Contamination of what? Oil? Government? That is the question of the
day! I am afraid for my children.... Just to repeat something that was
asked of me in the interview, the lady asked, "what do you think about a
buffer around Murphy Oil?" and "do you think Murphy should buyout
residents?" I answered yes to both questions... why? because I drove around
the Oil spill area just the day before and it was a ghost town...there were
only a few residents there sparingly on each street. Why should a company
making BILLIONS of dollars in profit not be responsible for the health and
wellbeing of the citizens surrounding the plant? THEY HAVE THE MONEY....
FIX THE PROBLEM! We have all heard one story after another of the people
who have suffered some sort of cancer of those who lived on the street
before the plant.

Please, please tell me what needs to be done? do we move or do we stay? OUR
PARISH LEADERS NEED TO KEEP THE CITIZENS OF ST. BERNARD INFORMED AND THINK
OF OUR WELL BEING AND NOT THE REFINERIES. Our ancestors built St. Bernard
Parish with lots of sweat and tears.... all I have these days are tears.
Who will step up and help us? Who will stand by the lil guy? Sorry if i
wasted anyones time today but I had to let that out just to keep my own
sanity. Have a Blessed day and I pray for everyone here.

jmd