[StBernard] meraux land

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Aug 5 20:46:37 EDT 2006

Somehow, you'd think that St. Bernard would at some point be declared an
"industrial zone" considering along the Mississississississississ..ippi is
"Cancer Alley" with little good to the benefit of humans and their health.
Oil companies, chemical companies, industrial plants, etc. are making life
difficult. No matter how much they provide jobs, to say the least, they are
"poison" to humans. Ask my two brothers who have died from Brain Cancer and
Colon Cancer. They'll tell you! Oh, an aunt, two uncles, etc... As anybody
within the "shout of my voice" will agree that they are aware in each family
a member who has, had or passed to our Maker because these hellhouses were
so "environmentally safe", provided great money and were human-friendly.

Drill away, test away, then give a spiel about why we need to be next to our
human-friendly neighbors while the pounding of heavy machinery and fumes go
drifting over our homes. Aren't enough of us "shell-shocked" enough from
Katrina's human-friendly event?

St. Bernard has been given a new start. However, you can bet correction
changes will not be started anytime soon as more of the "same old"
continues..

BTW, don't we hear that it's "polically incorrect" to say "enough is
enough"?

-jer-

I attended a meeting in the parish a few months back, at that time there was
a drilling company in the Violet area and at this meeting a lot of the
people living around this were very upset. The noise and the houses were
shaking. The time of day they started. Why not ask the people living in that
area there thoughts.

Sue