[StBernard] Governor Blanco joins Levees.Org

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Aug 6 23:05:14 EDT 2006

Dear Louisiana Members,

In advance of August 29, the Anniversary of the Worst Engineering Failure in
US History, we are erecting large banners with our rally call "Hold the
Corps Accountable" at choice spots in metro New Orleans. We are also
collecting photos of the flooded homes of our members to create a
Commemorative Poster that we will unveil soon.

What you can do this week:

1. Volunteer your home to display a 4X10 foot banner. Best spot is near
a levee break or high traffic location. Contact me to volunteer your home
<mailto:sandy at levees.org> .

2. Display a yard sign. If yours has disappeared, get another. There
are a dozen pickup locations. Click here for a pickup spot
<http://www.levees.org/promo/refer/yardsign.php> near you.

3. Send us photos of your flooded home. Click here to upload them
<http://www.levees.org/promo/flag/index.php> directly.

I am happy to report that three more elected officials have declared their
public support of the goals of Levees.Org. They are US Senator Mary
Landrieu, Congressman Charlie Melancon, and most recently Governor Kathleen
Blanco. For the complete list of supporters, click here
<http://www.levees.org/main.php> .

Thank you,
Sandy Rosenthal
Founder, Levees.Org