[StBernard] Governor's statement regarding FEMA denial letter

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Aug 11 22:00:09 EDT 2006

Governor's statement regarding FEMA denial letter

"I am disappointed that FEMA has denied my request to extend 100 percent reimbursement for debris removal in nine Louisiana parishes, as I requested. I am beginning to believe that FEMA has forgotten the needs of the Rita parishes and is unaware of the continuing needs in Jefferson parish as well. We will not forget them.

"The state will do all that we can to assist these parishes on their road to recovery and we will exhaust all appeal options available to us."

###

To view the text of the FEMA denial letter, click on the following link: http://www.gov.state.la.us/assets/docs/FEMAdenial8.11.06.pdf <http://www.gov.state.la.us/assets/docs/FEMAdenial8.11.06.pdf>

To view Governor Blanco's June 29 statement and letter to the President regarding the nine parishes not included in the President's original extension, click the following link:
http://www.gov.state.la.us/index.cfm?md=newsroom&tmp=detail&catID=1&articleID=2003&navID=3

###

The Louisiana Disaster Recovery Foundation Louisiana's Fund for Louisiana's People www.louisianahelp.org