[StBernard] insurance question

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Aug 16 23:02:51 EDT 2006

This is true, but be careful here because, this is being challenged by the
insurance company's and if they win. They do not have to abide by it.
Travelers has agreed no matter if the insurance company wins or losses in
their suit that the commissioner has no right in forcing them. But they have
given in writing a guarantee that we have at least until Dec. 31, 2006. If
you have flood damage and you have not been paid you need to get a proof of
loss form into fema/nfip, and your agent before Aug. 29. If they do not pay,
from the day of denial you buy yourself one more year.

Sue
---------------------

I would like to know if it is true that State Farm Insurance
Company, along
with many other companies, have agreed to extend the deadline to
settle
claims from Katrina to 2 years instead of the 1 year, which is the
current
deadline. I know the insurance commisioner asked for this extension
but
last I heard, most insurance companies had not agreed. Someone
recently
told me that most insurance companies have now agreed to the
extension. Is
this true or rumor?

Thanks,

Laurie