[StBernard] Point of View

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Aug 19 23:44:45 EDT 2006

Westley,

Many people do not realize that the administrative costs for the housing
assistance will eat up at least 2 BILLION of the 9.2 BILLION allocated for
housing assistance. Here is the really ridiculous part- had the LRA even
considered allowing our local mitigation plan to move forward or the plan to
move people out of the lowest areas of the parish we would be much further
ahead. At 27000 homes (overestimate) each homeowner would have gotten
74,000.00 each- couple that with the wasted funds for gutting and other
programs that could have been done much more effectively if assistance was
to be given directly to homeowners and the solution to the bottleneck for
assistance would have been completely clear.

This is the kind of stuff we have been battling for our residents for the
last year.

Thanks for the point of view.

God Bless,
Craig