[StBernard] insurance question

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Aug 19 23:47:58 EDT 2006

Westley,

A while back, there was a link posted somewhere, I don't know if it was here
or somewhere else, but it was for a book by a man that was an ex-insurance
adjuster for a homeowners company. It was about how to get the most from
your insurance company, tips on how to deal with them and things they don't
want you to know. Anyway, I would like to buy this book. I feel my company
is giving me the run around and not dealing fairly with me. He said he had
helped thousands of people in Florida get what they deserved from their
companies. I'm not talking about flood insurance, it is the wind and hail
part I am concerned about. For example, I want to sell my house, but I
would like to put a new roof on it first. When the hail storm happened
years ago, they paid almost $8,000 for my new roof ( it's a large roof, with
a steep pitch) now they have paid $4,500, not enough to replace the roof.
Anyway, I would like to purchase this book to get educated on the subject
but I couldn't find it on Amazon.com. Does anyone know a link or where I
can purchase this book? Also, does anyone know the name of an independent
adjuster that works for the homeowner?

Laurie