[StBernard] Question for Craig

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Aug 19 23:50:48 EDT 2006

Beyond, in THIS case, means AFTER.

IF built after 1977 and the house was declared 30-60% is an example here.

Does this mean there will be less LRA money if one considers a relocation
elsewhere (in St. Bernard, or Louisiana, --that one MUST rebuld in the same
location to get full money? What's the benefit using this example? Would it
be best for the homeowner to have 49% or 51 % to receive the better part of
the financial help availble to them? thanks, mj.

> mj,

> if by beyond 1977 means before 1977 and the damage is less than 50%

> then there is not an issue for elevation but be aware that if the

> range is 30 - 60 there needs to be some documentation by a licensed

> electrician or engineer that puts that damage under 50%.

> Althought LRA has not made a public statement about the "dirty"

> houses- informal discussions have indicated that homes that will need

> to be demolished or gutted will possibly create an additional

> deduction for the property to cover those costs- nothing public yet on

> this, so we are waiting for the LRA board to make some decisions about

this.