[StBernard] Question for Craig

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Aug 23 22:13:14 EDT 2006


Thanks for your message. It really has been a strange feeling letting
Meghan go- I told Debbie that I felt instantly older when we drove away from

The issue about the house is this: if the house is 30 - 60% damaged and
your contractor gave you a report then you can ask the contractor to
identify that the damage was at a certain percentage - if he identifies it
as 50% or more then he can file a report that the property is structurally
sound and your parents can then have an electrician file for a will call
permit. The electrical permit is good for six months and can be extended
for six months.

That permit will satisfy any problems with elevation requirements if they
are adopted. Keep in mind that the LRA requirements will be satisfied by
any repair work that is documented and their stated deadline is to have
started repair work by September 1, 2006.

Hope this helps. Call me if you want to go through this specifically.

Good luck and God Bless,

More information about the StBernard mailing list