[StBernard] Debris Removal

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Aug 24 19:53:00 EDT 2006

Craig:

I know that there has been tremendous progress regarding debris removal, but
it is hard to see what factors determine what trash piles are removed and
which are ignored. I am asking that someone take the time to drive down
Corinne Drive beginning behind the former Chase Building and they will find
(at least) five houses where the debris has been sitting so long, in one
case, the pile actually needs a "grass cutting". This pile of debris and
soil has been sitting there for a minimum of eight weeks, and I say minimum
because this is only how long I have been keeping track. Several of the
homes have debris that go to the middle of the street and two have the
debris covering drains, which creates more difficulties each time it rains.
Would you please have someone drive down this street and verify what I am
saying and have the debris (and it is gutting debris, not from rebuilding)
picked up? There is enough of a rat problem at it is.

I would also like to mention that the debris from the house that was
demolished at the corner of Genie and Gallo is still sitting there, five
months after Murphy promised to remove it. I guess that figured if they
waited long enough the parish would get stuck with it.

I know everyone wants their area looking nice, so I limited my requests to
other parts of the area that are in more dire need. Thanks for whatever
magic you can work.

John Richardson