[StBernard] Apply Now for The Road Home Program

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Aug 30 21:34:26 EDT 2006

The Road Home Program
Apply Now for The Road Home Program

Dear Homeowner:

Thank you for taking the time to pre-register with The Road Home program and agreeing to receive emails from the program. We are excited to announce that the pre-registration period is now over, and you can now officially apply for the program to determine your eligibility for compensation for your losses.

To apply, you can either:

* Print out the application from a Web site (PDF/149K) <http://www.road2la.org/Docs/Homeowner_Application.pdf> , complete it, and mail it in; or
* Fill out an application that will mailed to you (if you were pre-registered through the Housing Registry) in the next few days, and mail it in.

The mailing address is the following:

Road Home Applications
PO Box 91182
Baton Rouge, LA 70821-1182

After we review your application, we will mail you a letter with instructions on how to schedule an appointment at one of our 10 Housing Assistance Centers. During the appointments, housing professionals will verify your documentation and help you with any questions you may have about the program.

Here are some hints/notes about the application:

* Be sure to print clearly. If you have trouble completing the application, fill in as much as you can and we will help you with it during your appointment at a Housing Assistance Center.
* In the application, we ask you to provide an "Estimate for 2006 Income" and detailed information about the cash value of your assets. The Road Home program requests income information for two reasons:

1. We are required by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to report how Community Development Block Grant funds are allocated by income.
2. Low to moderate income families may also qualify for an affordable loan up to the $150,000 cap.

Applicants may leave the income information blank in the application.

However, when you visit a Housing Assistance Center we will ask you to tell us if your income is above or below a median income figure calculated for your Parish so we may comply with HUD requirements.

Further, if you are a low to moderate income family and wish to apply for an affordable loan, you will need to provide additional information about your income for us to qualify you for the loan.

We are here to assist you with returning home as quickly and fairly as possible. Please call 1-888-ROAD-2-LA (1-888-762-3252) or TTY callers use 7-1-1 relay or 800-846-5277 (TTY)/ 800-947-5277 (V) with any questions. Thanks again for pre-registering and we look forward to receiving and reviewing your application. Feel free to forward this email to any of your friends and family whose homes were also affected by the hurricanes.

- - The Road Home
www.Road2LA.org

The Road Home program - the largest single housing recovery program in U.S. history - was developed by Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco to help our residents get back into a home or apartment as quickly and fairly as possible. This Web site offers homeowners and rental property owners details about the program and tools and resources.

Through The Road Home, eligible homeowners affected by Hurricane Rita or Katrina may receive up to $150,000 in compensation for your losses to get you back into your homes.